Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ethics.....:P

Ethics...."the discipline/philosophy dealing with what is good and bad and with moral duty and obligation. "

I think that when someone has thought about their values and decided what is precious, right, and how they will approach certain problems then they are living ethically...They have a philosophy about life and their responsibility in society.

However, when one just follows what they were taught, not questioning it, not using their ability to reason then they have a problem. For example, the people who bomb abortion clinics...I really think their ability to reason is absent. If you believe ending a life is a sin...how do you justify your bombing?

The worst crimes against humanity have been committed by people who believed in a philosophy but they perhaps failed to have a set of their own principles. So if someone changed the philosophy, they simply followed even if it went against what they believed before.

So putting it plainly, I believe most people (except sociopaths), if they think about it, can be good.

Makes sense?...I am not very good at explaining my point of view.

No comments: